As featured recently on the Channel 8 and Channel 3
news in Idaho Falls, we are seeing an increase in the number of Craigslist scams on rental properties. Check out the news story here
then read below on how to avoid being a victim.
Top 5 ways to tell if the add is a scam:
1. The person listing the property and asking for money is not local
2. They can’t get you in to see the property
3. They want you to send money out of the country
4. They are unable to provide you with a receipt or lease agreement at time of payment
5. If the rent price sounds too good to be true it probably is . . .
Consumers should ask a lot of questions and tour the property before sending anyone money. They should also get a lease agreement and deposit receipt when paying. These types of scams are easy to avoid if you have the right information. Contact a professional property manager and they can help you determine if you are being scammed.